by Anthony J Sepe
This is what we have been talking about-- all along, which is eating healthy and eating right. Now that March is here, we devout the entire month of March, annually, for our good eating practices.
National Nutrition Month® —
The theme for March 2009 is
The American Dietetic Association (ADA) describes that National Nutrition Month® is a nutrition education and information campaign created annually in March by the American Dietetic Association. The campaign focuses attention on the importance of making informed food choices and developing sound eating and physical activity habits. Registered Dietitian Day, also celebrated in March, increases awareness of registered dietitians as the indispensable providers of food and nutrition services and recognizes RDs for their commitment to helping people enjoy healthy lives.
As followers of my blog, many of you know, and some of you may just be learning, that each Sunday is special on this blog: “From A Dietitian’s Perspective.” Sunday is special because I thank you-- the reader -- for your loyalty and your readership by providing a healthy recipe each Sunday. When I started the blog in January, this recipe was originally provided by me, and more recently, the recipe is provided by a featured Guest Chef and Colleague, because of their expertise. Each dietitian is educated and is skilled in many different areas of expertise. Some have excelled in areas such as clinical care, foodservice, long-term geriatric care, education, research, renal dialysis, critical care, writing, vegetarian nutrition, recipe analysis, eating disorders and disordered eating, cardiac rehab, neonatal care, early childhood, adolescent and adult care, food allergies and intolerances, computer technology, administrative dietetics, and weight management, to name just a few areas. We work in hospitals, nursing homes, skilled care, day spas, foodservice industry, independent contract areas, private practice, newspaper journalism, health clubs, gyms, for private companies, business companies, airlines, cruise-ships, MD offices, and many other areas too.
The take away: dietitians are highly skilled and educated with many hours of experience and supervision. They also take registration examinations through the Commission on Dietetic Registration to be the nutrition professionals that we are, to protect the public.
Enjoy Yourself at the First Ever, Annual Blog Carnical
“From A Dietitian’s Perspective” blogsite, is participating the first annual Blogfest. A blogfest, also known as a synchroblog or blog carnival, which is an event when like-minded bloggers will blog on the same topic or theme on a particular day.
This year’s theme is, “RD Showcase,” which illustrates the many diverse areas, which dietitians’ are skilled. In support, Here we come together as colleagues, to share some of what makes being a dietitian special.
On this day, Happy RD Day to my colleagues. I’d like to share with you what my colleagues are doing. Here’s a list; please visit their blogs too:
- Beyond Prenatals - Food vs. Supplements and Real Advice vs. Fake Advice
- Annette Colby - No More Diets! A Registered Dietitian Shares 9 Secrets to Real and Lasting Weight Loss
- Ashley Colpaart - Dietitians working in food policy, a new frontier
- Diana Dyer - There and Back Again: Celebration of National Dietitian Day 2009
- Marjorie Geiser - RD Showcase for National Registered Dietitian Day - What we do
- Cheryl Harris - Me, a Gluten Free RD!
- Marilyn Jess - National Registered Dietitian Day--RD Blogfest
Julie Lanford - Antioxidants for Cancer Prevention
- Renata Mangrum - What I'm doing as I grow up...
- Liz Marr - Fruits and Veggies for Registered Dietian Day: Two Poems
- Meal Makeover Moms' Kitchen - Family Nutrition ... It's our "Beat"
- Jill Nussinow - The Registered Dietitian Lens I Look Through
- Wendy Jo Petersen - March 11 is our day to shine!
- Diane Preves - Registered Dietitians and the White House Forum on Health Reform
- Andy Sarjahani - Dr. Seuss Tribute continued: Green Eggs and Ham and a Sustainable Food System
- Rebecca Scritchfield - Big Tips from a "Big Loser"
- Anthony Sepe - RD Showcase: Registered Dietitian Day, March 11, 2009
Kathy Shattler - RD Showcase for Nutri-Care Consultation
- UNL-Extension, Douglas/Sarpy County - Nutrition Know How - Making Your Life Easier
- Monika Woolsey - Dietitians--Can't Do PCOS Without Them!
- Monika Woolsey - In Honor of National Registered Dietitian Day
- Jen Zingaro - My life as a Registered Dietitian
Have a wonderful day!