Great taste & good health together!
We can live a lifestyle that’s not compromised by unhealthy trans fat and hydrogenated oils, unhealthy habits and unhealthy food restrictions. It’s easy to replace them with better heart-healthier and delicious options such as Smart Balance Light Spread and Creamy or Chunky Natural Peanut Butter. These are typically without palm kernel oil and are gluten and gelatin free. This natural oil blend is reported to enhance ratio of HDL “good” cholesterol to LDL “bad” cholesterol. Enjoy these cookies!
Peanut butter Chocolate Buttons
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup Smart Balance, Butter Blend, Softened
- 1/3 cup Smart Balance Sweetened Creamy Peanut Butter
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 54 milk chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Combine the Smart Balance Butter Blend, Smart Balance Peanut Butter, and sugars in a large bowl. Using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add the egg and vanilla. Reduce to low speed, gradually add the flour mixture until just blended, scraping bottom and sides after mixing.
- Shape dough into 54 balls, place on parchment paper-lined cookie sheets about 1’ apart. Bake 6 minutes, place a chocolate chunk on each, pressing down lightly to adhere, and bake 1 minute or until golden on the bottom. Place on cooling rack and cool completely.
- Store cooled cookies in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
- Makes 54 cookies total
- Nutrition Facts: 1 cookie per serving: 63 calories, 1g protein, 8g carbohydrate, 3.1g fat, 1.2g sat fat, 2.0 g monounsat fat, .4g polyunsat fat,9g trans fat, 230 mg omega 3 fatty acids, 7 mg cholesterol, 69 mg sodium, 0g fiber.
- Thanks for reading and enjoy the healthy cookies!