This tasty seasonal treat has no trans fat and is low in carbs.
- 1 can (15oz) pumpkin
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together pumpkin, sugar, oil and yogurt.
- In a medium bowl, combine flours, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Add to pumpkin mixture, stirring until moistened. Stir in raisins.
- Pour into 2 greased 9x5x3-inch loaf pans. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes; remove from pan and cool completely.
- Serving Size: 1 slice; makes 32 servings
- Nutritional Information:
- Calories 110, Total Fat 2g, Sodium 150mg, Total Carbohydrate 21g, Dietary Fiber 1g,
Source: U.S. Department of Agriculture, 2009.