My Homemade Cinnamon Applesauce
Photo: © 2013 Anthony Sepe. All Rights Reserved
Photo: © 2013 Anthony Sepe. All Rights Reserved.
Here's some homemade applesauce! It is so good, and here's what I did.
3 # McIntosh Apples, cored
100% Orange Juice (not from concentrate, no pulp)
Ground Cinnamon Spice (per tolerance)
Pumpkin Pie Spice (per tolerance)
1. Cored apples and placed them (with the skin on) in a deep pot on the stove. (Leaving the skins on gives the applesauce a nice tinge of the red color and fiber.)
2. Poured pure 100% orange juice (not from concentrate, no pulp) over the apples to just cover them. Brought the apples to a boil; turned down the heat to low until soft.
3. Added: ground cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice, and stirred well.
4. Removed from heat. Poured into blender and pulsed about 10-12 times, until the skins were blenderized and applesauce was smooth.
5. Poured into serving dish and served warm. Enjoy!
Hope you try it! -Anthony