Three Bean Salad with Creamy Mustard Dill Dressing
- 1 cup canned chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup canned Great Northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup canned kidney or red beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced (optional)
- 1 small green bell pepper, diced (optional)
- 2 Tbsp. fat-free or 2 percent Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp. low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp. coarse seed mustard
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 2 dashes hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh dill
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
In mixing bowl, combine beans with onion and peppers, if using.
For dressing, place in mini food processor the yogurt, mayonnaise, mustard, lemon juice, hot sauce, salt and pepper and whirl to combine. With the motor running, drizzle in oil. Add dressing to beans and mix to combine. If serving immediately, mix in dill and parsley. Or, cover the dressed beans and refrigerate for up to 8 hours, adding herbs just before serving.
Makes 4 servings.
Per serving: 230 calories, 5 g total fat (<1 g saturated fat), 36 g carbohydrate, 11 g protein, 11 g dietary fiber, 390 mg sodium.
Source with photo: AICR