Lorraine Huntly, M.Ed.,RD, LD. Lorraine Huntley, M.Ed., RD, LD, is a nutrition and fitness expert in Edwardsville, IL and the owner of Right Balance, LLC ~ Nutrition and Fitness Consulting, a private practice whose mission is to provide nutrition and fitness information and education to people within the community. She is licensed and registered as a dietitian with the State of Illinois and a member of the American Dietetic Association.
© Copyright 2011. All rights reserved. Recipe Developed and Reprinted with Permission of Lorraine Huntly.
Yield: Serves 6 (1 cup) servings
Avocado & Blueberry Fruit Salad
1) 1 large ripe avocado, cut into slices
2) 2 cups fresh blueberries, rinsed and drained
3) 2 cups apples, Red Delicious, peeled and diced
4) 2 cups fresh mango, diced
5) 2 Tbls chives, chopped
6) 2 Tbls walnuts, chopped and toasted
1) 2 Tbls agave nectar
2) 1/4 cup vanilla low-fat yogurt, Stonyfield Farms®
3) 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
4) 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
5) 1/8 tsp. ea: salt and pepper
1) Whisk together dressing ingredients and set aside.
2) Place avocado, blueberries, apple, and mango in medium bowl.
3) Toss with dressing.
4) Sprinkle with chopped chives and walnuts.
Nutritional Facts per serving:
Calories: 197; Total Fat: 7gm; Carbs: 34gm; Protein: 3gm; Fiber: 6gm; Sodium: 14mg