Dear Blog Members:
We were so excited when we received notification, that Blog: “From A Dietitian’s Perspective” was among the top 50 Dietitian Blogs again. "Top 50 Blogs Every Dietitian Should Read" ( http://lpntornbridge.org/2011/top-50-blogs-every-dietician-should-read/ ), mentioned us in their article. We say to you, as we do each Sunday: ‘Thank you Readership’! It is because of you that we continue to do what we do, as Dietitians. Thank you for your continued loyalty and dedication to this blog. ~Anthony
Top 50 Dietitian Blogs
Its been said that only the lucky few have access to regularly visit a dietitian to balance their diets. These blogs offer advice to help you eat healthier and live a better life through a balanced diet regimen. It’s always best to consult a doctor though before you begin any new diet or exercise program, but anyone can benefit from a few extra fruits and vegetables.
Top 50 Blogs Every Dietician Should Read
The blogosphere is filled with commercial diet and nutrition sites, and sometimes it is difficult to weed through these blogs to find the real gems. In this list of the top 50 blogs every dietitian should read, you’ll find registered dietitians, nutritionists and news and information from highly-regarded individuals and institutions. These blogs can help any health professional guide and treat patients in a logical and healthy manner.
- Cheryl Forberg, RD: Forberg is a James Beard award-winning chef, a New York Times bestselling author and the nutritionist for NBC’s “The Biggest Loser.”
- Diana Dyer, MS, RD: A multiple cancer survivor and registered dietitian, Dyer also is the author of A Dietitian’s Cancer Story.
- Diary of a Mad Dietitian: A registered dietitian’s “zany, irrepressible adventures in dietetics, nutrition, and healthcare.”
- Dieting Dietitian: A registered dietitian with a master’s degree in nutrition shares her experiences with dieting and nutrition.
- Eating RD: Kristen is a registered dietitian with a passion for culinary adventures, new recipes, food photography, fitness and sports nutrition.
- From A Dietitian’s Perspective: Anthony Sepe is a nutrition entrepreneur who shares his knowledge with readers.
- Inspired RD: A beautiful site and a focus on the wellness side of nutrition and fitness by Alysa.
- Katherine Isacks, Registered Dietitian, LLC: Isacks’ focus is wellness and disease risk reduction via healthful food choices, physical activity, and weight control.
- Sarah Krieger a Registered Dietitian’s Blog: Sarah Krieger is a licensed and registered dietitian practicing in the Tampa-St. Petersburg Florida Metro Area.
- Susan B. Dopart MS, RD: Dopart is a nutrition and fitness expert who has been in private practice for more than 15 years.
- Swanky Dietitian: Another Kristen shares her love and knowledge of food and nutrition.
- Disease Proof: This blog belongs to Dr. Joel Fuhrman, MD, and serves as a forum to promote discussion on diet, fitness, health and green living.
- Eat for Change: Shannon has practiced and now imparts information about Nutrition Balancing.
- Food on the Brain: Sit back and enjoy this blog, perfect for those individuals who are “obsessing about lunch while you’re eating breakfast, read cookbooks like fiction, and never go to a strange city without at least a dozen restaurant recommendations.”
- Integrative Nutrition Blog: Joshua Rosenthal, MScEd, offers a blog with his site on integrative nutrition.
- Kindred Nutrition: Amy Goldsmith RD, LDN, provides individual and group nutrition coaching, corporate wellness, grocery tours and Pantry Makeovers.
- Nutrition and healthy eating: The Mayo Clinic offers this blog, maintained by Jennifer Nelson, MS, RD and Katherine Zeratsky, RD.
- Nutrition in the Schools: This blog is part of a national endeavor to reverse a disturbing health trend of unhealthy school lunches.
- Nutrition Network Blog: The Nutrition Blog Network is a collection of blogs written by registered dietitians.
- Nutrition Unplugged: Get practical information on health, nutrition, and food from an RD in the nation’s capital.
- Performance Nutrition: Marie Spano, MS, RD/LD, FISSN, CSCS is one of the leading sports nutrition and nutrition communications experts in North America.
- Practical Nutrition: Janet Helm is a writer, an RD and a mother of twins. She translates nutrition science into intelligible words and healthy food choices.
- The Ethicurean: On a quest to look for tasty things that are also sustainable, organic, local, and ethical? Try following this blog, started in 2006.
- Toby Amidor Nutrition: Toby Amidor, MS, RD, CDN is a registered dietitian with a master’s degree in clinical nutrition and dietetics from New York University.
- W8less: “Weightless” is maintained by Stella Metsovas, a former National USA swimmer and nutrition specialist.
Education and Research
- 1,000 Days: This site and its blog supports international experts and advocates working to improve early nutrition.
- 1st Endurance: First Endurance was started by two racing fanatics (a cyclist and a triathlete) with a healthy obsession for sports nutrition.
- Dietitians Online Blog: Dietitians Online was created to acknowledge the dedication and talents of the Registered Dietitian on the Internet.
- FDA Transparency Blog: Learn about food and drug regulations from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.
- Moderation Nation: The Hershey Center for Health & Nutrtion launched Moderation Nation to help people gain access to practical tips, tools and resources for achieving energy balance (nutrition and physical activity).
- Oregon Health & Science University Blog: This blog is your gateway to all things research at OHSU, including new NIH-wide policies, upcoming grants, special events, upcoming workshops, and more.
- Today’s Dietitian: This site features timely articles on a wide range of nutrition topics including culinary trends, long-term care issues, new products and technologies, clinical concerns, career strategies, and research updates.
- USDA Blog: The United States Department of Agriculture can keep dietitians abreast of government projects in this arena.
Organizations and Institutions
- American Council for Fitness & Nutrition: Tap into this blog as well as the entire site for programs, research, news and information about the Healthy School Partnership.
- American Institute for Cancer Research Blog: Get your daily updates on diet, weight, physical activity and cancer.
- American Dietetic Association: This link leads to a list of blogs written by registered dieticians at ADA.
- American Society for Nutrition: A number of bloggers write for the ASN blog. This is a nonprofit organization dedicated to bringing together the world’s top researchers and clinical nutritionists together to advance knowledge and application of nutrition.
- Culinary Arts Applied Nutrition: This is the course homepage for the Applied Nutrition class for Delcastle Culinary Arts.
- International Confederation of Dietetic Associations: With a national dietetics association Member in over 40 countries, ICDA is widely recognized as the international organization for dietetics professionals.
- Nutrition Research Project: This organization represents a unique stance in plant-based nutritional research by advocating a high nutrient, whole food, vegetable based diet.
- T. Colin Campbell Foundation: For more than forty years, Dr. T. Colin Campbell has been at the forefront of nutrition research. His legacy, the China Project, is the most comprehensive study of health and nutrition ever conducted.
- Vegetarian Nutrition: The Vegetarian Nutrition Dietetic Practice Group of the American Dietetic Association manages this blog.
- World Health Organization: This site provides constantly updated news on health and nutrition worldwide. They have pages on Nutrition, Diet and Nutrition Disorders.
Diet and Nutrition News
- Daily Diet Blog: Use this site to obtains daily dieting, weight loss product reviews and nutrition news.
- Diet News Blog: This blog offers news as well as information about diets and diet reviews.
- Healthy Eating & Nutrition News: Get the latest health, healthy eating, nutrition news, data, studies and research from around the world for nutritionists and those interested in healthier lifestyles.
- iHealthBulletin News: Dr. Zebrun, whose special interests include nutrition, exercise, CAM, preventive medicine, and mental health, edits this blog.
- NPR Health: NPR is watching topics such as school lunches, gastric bypass surgery, treadmill desks and public policy.
- Self Nutrition Data Nutrition News: A list of news items from a useful site. Check out their tools and blogs.
- The Nutrition Post: An online nutrition newspaper that contains a variety of topic listings.
Best regards and thank you Mathew,
Source: Matthew Reed. 06022011."Top 50 Blogs Every Dietitian Should Read" ( http://lpntornbridge.org/2011/top-50-blogs-every-dietician-should-read/ )