Servings: 12 (about 3/4 cup each)
Carbs per serving: 21g
Prep: 45 Minutes
Bake: 50 Minutes
Stand: 10 Minutes
Oven: 350 degrees.
- 9 dried whole grain lasagna noodles
- 1 medium leek, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 3 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3/4 cup bottled roasted red sweet peppers, drained and cut into bite-size strips
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil.
- 1 24 -oz. carton fat-free cottage cheese (scant 3 cups)
- 2 eggs
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1-10 oz package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well-drained
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat mozzarella cheese (4 ounces)
- nonfat cooking spray
- black pepper
- Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions. Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Lightly coat a 3-quart rectangular baking dish with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- Lightly coat a large skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Cook leeks and over-medium heat 4 minutes or until just tender. Stir in sliced zucchini, mushrooms, and roasted peppers. Cook and stir 8 to 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Remover from heat and stir in chopped basil.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor or blender, combine cottage cheese, eggs, and garlic. Cover and process or blend until smooth. Stir in spinach.
- Layer 3 lasagna noodles in bottom of the prepared baking dish and top with half of the zucchini mixture. Spread one-third of the cottage cheese mixture on top. Repeat layers. Top with noodles. Spread remaining cottage mixture on top and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Spray a piece of foil with nonstick cooking spray and place over the cheese. Bake 45 minutes; uncover and 5 minutes more. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon black pepper to serve. If desired, garnish with shredded fresh basil.
Enjoy and thank you for reading!
Source:BHG Diabetic Living Issue September 21 2010
Per Serving: 163 Cal, 3g total fat; 1 g sat fat; 43 mg chol; 292 mg sodium; 21g carb;4g fiber;14g protien; Exchanges: 1 vegetable,1 starch, 1 lean meat. Carb Choice=1.5