- 1 Cup Kroger Active Lifestyle Fat-Free Milk
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 oz. Lifetime Low- Fat Cheddar cheese product, shredded
- 1 1/2 lbs. fresh broccolini
- Wisk cornstarch into milk into until no lumps are present. Add salt and cayenne.
- In a small saucepan, heat milk mixture on medium heat, stirring constantly until slightly thickened.
- Add shredded cheese, stirring until all cheese is melted.
- Remove from heat and cover to keep warm while preparing brocolini.
- Trim brocolini of ends. Place 4-5 inch long, thin stalks into a skillet containing 1” water. Bring to a boil Reduce heat; simmer 6-7 minutes until tender and bring green. Drain.
- Serve with cheese sauce over the brocolini stalks.
- Enjoy this Healthy Recipe!
Nutrition Facts Per Serving for cheese Sauce; 1/4 cup serving:
Calories 55; Total Fat 1g; Saturated Fat, ,1g; Trans Fat, 0g; Cholesterol, 5 mg; Sodium, 680 mg; Total Carbohydrate, 6g Dietary Fiber <1g; Sugars, 0g; Protein, 6g Calcium 20% DV, Iron, 0%
Source: This recipe was adapted from: The Wellness Advisor Spring/Summer 2010 Issue with CoroWise™ Cholesterol Reducers