According to the Health Monitor, healthy recipes, to make a great base for hors d’oeuvres, cut this loaf into thin slices, spread on a baking sheet, and toast in the oven at 350 degrees for 5-10 minutes. The resulting crackers are great with goat cheese, drizzled with a good cold-pressed olive oil or spread with a tapenade.
YIELD: 1 Loaf ( about 12 slices)
- Grape seed oil for greasing pan
- 3/4 cup creamy roasted almond butter at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 Tablespoon agave nectar
- 1/4 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/4 cup arrowroot powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives, pitted and finely chopped’1 Tablespoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 7x3 inch loaf pan with grape seed oil and dust with almond flour
- In a large bowl, mix the almond butter and olive oil with handheld mixer until smooth. Blend in the eggs and agave nectar. In a medium bowl, combine the almond flour, arrowroot powder, alt, and baking soda.
- Blend the almond flour mixture into the wet ingredients until thoroughly combined, then fold in the olives and rosemary.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan.
- Bake for 45 to 55 minutes on the bottom rack of the oven, until a knife inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean. let the bread cool in the pan for 1-hour and serve.
Source: Health Monitor; The Gluten-Free Almond Flour Cookbook Copyright 2009 by Elana Amsterdam Celestial Arts, Berkeley, CA.
Calories 170, total fat 15g Sat fat 2g, trans fat 0g, cholesterol 55 mg, carbohydrates 8g, protein 4g, fiber 1g, sodium 270mg, sugar 2g.