With proper attribution credit given to Oldways and the Mediterranean Foods alliance, I'm writing on behalf of Oldways, the parent organization of the Mediterranean Foods Alliance. This information is from their website to share with you. Why? Because May is Mediterranean Month and they are currently holding a recipe contest.
To participate in the contest, food lovers are asked to create a recipe that uses at least two foods from the Mediterranean Diet Pyramid for a chance to be a Grand Prize Winner or one of nine finalists. The Grand Prize Winner will receive a sumptuous basket of Mediterranean foods from our MFA members. Other prizes include a variety of delicious Mediterranean products and autographed copies of our acclaimed recipe book, The Oldways Table.
After creating your recipe, send it to Alison Clancy at email@example.com before May 31st. The finalists will be chosen by a panel of experts on the Oldways staff, and the winners will be announced during the first week of June. For more contest information, look on the Oldways and MFA websites or on The Oldways Table Blog.
Other resources for celebrating Med Month in May include:
● The Power of $2: Easy Affordable Med Recipes, a free downloadable sampler of Med main dishes and sides costing $2 or less per person.
● A Mediterranean Month Calendar, featuring 31 daily tips for following the Mediterranean Diet.
● A Seasonal 7-Day Mediterranean Menu: 7 days of breakfasts, lunches, dinners, and snacks, with calorie counts.
● A 2' X 3' poster with an updated illustration of the Mediterranean Diet Pyramid (available at The Oldways Store).
Scientific studies consistently report that the healthy Mediterranean Diet and its lifestyle practices reduce the risk of chronic diseases such as heart disease, cancer, and diabetes. Plus, there is compelling evidence that omega-3s, found in a number of Mediterranean Diet foods, can boost the health and brainpower of both mothers and infants. Oldways and the MFA are celebrating Mediterranean Month to help consumers bring the Mediterranean Diet into their daily meals.
A month to enjoy Mediterranean ingredients, cooking, menus and lifestyles. Celebrate with the MFA, its members and Oldways:
- 2) Sample the 7-Day Mediterranean Meal Plan.
- Click here to eat Mediterranean every day this week!
- 3) Look for meal ideas on the MFA website including budget-friendly recipes and ideas.
- 4) Follow the Med Month Calendar Tips –
- Click here to download your calendar today!
Best of luck!