Each Sunday, I thank my readership for their loyalty and dedication to my blog, by providing a healthy recipe. To those that know, this is a healthy repeat, but for those that are unaware and are new to the blog, this is my way of “giving back.” It is also a way to “Pay it Forward.” Each Sunday, you have a healthy recipe to prepare for yourself or for your loved ones.
Glazed Baby Carrots
- 3 Cups of baby carrots
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. low calorie margarine or smart balance
- 3 Tbsp. apple juice concentrate
- 2/3 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tsp. corn starch
- 1 tsp water
- Steam carrots covered for 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice and melt margarine in medium skillet over medium heat.
- Add the apple juice concentrate and cook until it melts.
- Add the broth and cinnamon and bring to a boil.
- Mix together the cornstarch with the water; add to the skillet, lower the heat and cook until thickened.
- Add carrots and toss-well to coat and enjoy!
Calories 61; calories form fat 12; total fat 1g; saturated fat 0g; cholesterol 0mg; Sodium 77mg; total carbohydrates 12g; dietary fiber 2g; sugars 7g; protein 1g.
Source: Bayer Health Care