Blustery winds, 5-8 inches of snowfall and bone-chilling cold encouraged me to make my favorite healthy New England Clam Chowder recipe. It’s really delicious and hope you like it too.
My New England Clam Chowder
- 1 51 oz can ( 3 lbs 3 oz) of Chopped Clams (I also buy NO MSG Added)
- 4 Cups of low-sodium Chicken Broth
- 1-3 large onions ( I use only 1)
- 2-Bay leaves
- 1 Cup flour
- 6 oz Low-Sodium Smart Balance melted butter
- 7 Cups of diced potatoes
- 1/2 gallon cold fat-free milk
- pepper to season (or your own seasonings of choice)
- Drain Clams and reserve juice.
- Combine potatoes, onions, bay leaves and chicken broth. Simmer until potatoes are tender.
- Remove bay leaves; stir. Sift flour into reserved melted butter and add to potato mixture. Stir until blended.
- Gradually stir in milk slowly, stirring constantly until well blended. Simmer until thickened. Combine clams, reserved juice, potatoes, onions, milk mixture, butter and seasoning. Simmer 5-10 minutes more. Serve hot.