I absolutely love Granny Smith Apples, which I had 2 today. This particular recipe calls for Golden Delicious, but Granny Smith Apples would work well in this recipe, too. This is yummy. Enjoy and thank you for reading.
- 4 – 5 oz. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp coarsely ground black pepper
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 Cup frozen pearl onions, thawed
- 4 strips of turkey bacon, sliced
- 1 Golden Delicious or Granny Smith Apple (unpeeled), cored and cut into chunks
- 1 Tbsp. of freshly chopped Thyme or 1 tsp. dried Thyme
- 1 Cup of apple cider
- 1/4 cup of low-sodium chicken broth
- Thyme Sprigs for garnish
- Sprinkle the chicken breasts with salt and pepper
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and sauté until golden and tender; about 4 minutes on each side. Transfer the chicken to a plate.
- Add the onions and bacon to the skillet. Cook, shaking the pan occasionally, until the onions are softened and browned; approximately 8 minutes. Add the apple and thyme; cook until the apple is tender and golden- about 5 minutes. Stir in the cider and broth. Raise the heat to high and cook until the sauce boils and thickens slightly- about 5 minutes. Return the chicken to the skillet and heat through. Arrange the chicken on a platter, spoon the sauce on top, and garnish with the thyme sprigs.
Nutritional Information per serving:
270 calories; 7g total fat; 1 g saturated fat; 92 mg cholesterol; 617 mg sodium; 16g total carbohydrate; 2g dietary fiber; 35g protein. Weight Watcher Points: 6 Serves: 4 Source: Weight Watchers Make it In Minutes