Colorful, crisp sweet potato chips create a flavorful and low-fat substitute for the more familiar fried white potato chips.
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp ground cayenne
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 lb. sweet potatoes, scrubbed and peeled, if desired
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Combine salt and spices in mixing bowl.
- Slice sweet potatoes paper-thin and toss lightly with spices and oil.
- Bake until done.
Source: Adapted from Vegetarian Times, 2002.