My helper and I invite you to participate. The following initial 37 words in this recipe have been identified with or having to do with, Cooking, which are underlined in red. Can you think of some others?
SEARED SCALLOPS with TROPICAL SALSA
- 1/2 cup diced fresh pineapple
- 1/2 cup of diced fresh or frozen mango
- 1/2 cup peeled and diced cucumber
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 3 T chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 tsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 jalapeno pepper,seeded and minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- cooking spray
- 1 pound sea scallops,rinsed and drained
- In medium bowl, combine pineapple, mango, cucumber, bell pepper, cilantro, lime juice and jalapeno pepper.
- Season with salt and pepper; set aside.
- Heat a large, nonstick frying pan over medium-high heat. Coat the pan with cooking spray. Season scallops with salt and pepper.
- Add half of scallops to pan; sear until golden brown on both sides about 2 minutes per side.
- Transfer cooked scallops to warmed plate while cooking remaining scallops.
- Serve immediately with salsa spooned over scallops.
Makes 4 serving