By Anthony J. Sepe
Along with the American Cancer Society, here are some healthy recommendations to fight -off cancer with food:
- Choose most of the foods we eat from plant sources.
- Limit intake of high-fat foods, particularly from animal sources
- Be physically active
- If alcohol is consumed, do so in moderation
Recently, I was asked for a healthy recipe version for Buffalo Chicken Wings/Legs. Here’s my recipe, which illustrates how a recipe can be modified, still taste good, be simple, as well as be healthy, too. Enjoy!
© Healthy Buffalo Chicken Wings/Legs
Developed and reprinted with permission from Anthony J. Sepe
Buffalo Chicken Wings/Legs
- 1/2 cup red hot sauce
- 2 T vinegar
- 1/2 cup of fat-free chicken broth
- 2 T Molly McButter or Smart Balance
- 10-20 skinless chicken legs
- Mix all ingredients for sauce and heat over low heat for 10 minutes.
- Pour over chicken legs on baking sheet.
- Bake 350 degrees until brown; approximately 20-25 minutes
Suggestion: Serve with cut-up raw vegetables and low-fat or fat-free ranch dressing. Garnish with lemon wedges.