This is a low-fat alternative to the usual chips and dip, but this healthy recipe is a healthy delicious dip, that I believe you will enjoy!
- 1-16 oz can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- Several drops of hot red pepper sauce, or to taste
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1/2 green pepper seeded and chopped
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup nonfat sour cream
- 3/4 cup shredded nonfat cheddar cheese
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 10 pitted small black olives, sliced
- In a blender or food processor, puree the beans, pepper sauce and 2 Tablespoons of water. Transfer to a 12” serving platter; spread in a thin layer on the platter.
- Leaving a 1’ border, top the bean mixture evenly with the tomato, bell pepper and salsa. Leaving a 1” border, top the tomato layer evenly with the sour cream and cheese. Sprinkle with the scallions and olives.
Nutrition information: Calories 89; Total fat 1g; Saturated fat 0g; Cholesterol 1mg; Sodium 365mg;Total Carbohydrate 12g;Dietary Fiber 2g;Protein 8g; Calcium 150mg
Source: Weight Watchers