Happy Labor Day!!
Did you ever just have this craving to have a snack? Sometimes you want a healthy snack and sometimes, you don't. Well, this is a healthy snack and I hope it hits your palate-- just right-- and that you like this. This is a savory snack! This snack is called: Old Bay Buffalo Cauliflower Bites. This courtesy of Alison Massey, MS, RD, LDN, Health Monitor Guide to Diabetes, which she explains is an alternative to standard fried wings, and of course you need to watch your portions.
Old Bay Buffalo Cauliflower Bites
1/2 cup brown rice flour
1 tsp. + 1/4 tsp. Old Bay seasoning
1 head of cauliflower (cut into bite-sized florets)
1/3 cup Frank's Red Hot Buffalo Sauce (or your favorite, if desired)
2 Tbsp. Sriracha
1 Tbsp. margarine, melted
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 cup water
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
2. In a bowl mix 1/2 cup brown rice flour, 1 tsp. Old Bay seasoning and 1/2 cup water. Dip cauliflower pieces in the batter until coated evenly Place them on a lightly greased non-stick baking sheet.
3. Bake about 10-12 minutes (look for the batter to harden), flip and bake an additional 5-6 minutes. remove from oven when done.
4. In a separate bowl mix together 1/3 cup Frank's Red Hot Buffalo Sauce,, 2 Tbsp. Sriracha, 1/4 tsp. garlic powder, 1/4 tsp. Old Bay seasoning and margarine.
5. Use a plastic pastry brush to evenly coat each cauliflower bite with the hot sauce mixture.
6. Bake the cauliflower until crispy (~ 9 minutes).
7. Serve with blue cheese or french onion dip and sliced celery.
Calories 286, Fat 7g, Protein 8g, carbohydrates 46g, sodium 1926mg, sugar 9g.