This spring try making some meals for your family using ingredients that are seasonal and local to your area:
* Try fiddleheads and parsnips in the Northeast.
* Experiment with asparagus, broccoli, and cauliflower down South.
* Look for asparagus, morels, and rhubarb in the Midwest.
* Pick up fava beans, fiddleheads, and rhubarb in the Pacific Northwest.
* Enjoy avocados, artichokes, garlic scapes, and spring onions out West.
* Cook with asparagus, garlic, and pea greens in the Southwest.
With attribution to Maggie Green of the The Kentucky Fresh Cookbook