Servings: 6 Main Dish Servings
- 1/2 Cup walnuts chopped
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 box medium whole-grain shells
- 1 lb. frozen peas
- 6 oz. goat cheese, softened
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat covered 6-quart pot of water to boiling on high. Add 2 teaspoons of less of salt.
- In 8 to 10 inch skillet, combine walnuts, garlic, and oil. Cook on medium until golden and fragrant, stirring occasionally. Stir in 1/8 teaspoon each freshly ground black pepper.
- Add pasta to boiling water in pot. Cook 1 minute less than minimum time that label directs, stirring occasionally.
- Add peas; cook 1 minute longer. Reserve 1 cup pasta cooking water. Drain pasta and peas; return to pot. Add goat cheese, 1/2 cup cooking water, 1/4 teaspoon of salt and 1/4 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper. If mixture is dry, toss with additional cooking water.
- To serve top with garlic-and-walnut mixture.
430 calories, 20g pro, 59 g carbohydrate, 15g total fat, 5g sat fat, 9g fiber 13mg cholesterol, 350 mg sodium
Source: Good Housekeeping; March 2011.