- 6 slices Challah or French bread cut 2 inches thick
- 1/4 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup low-fat cottage cheese
- 2 Tbsp low-fat cream cheese
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 2 tsp any extract (suggest: orange, vanilla, almond, strawberry)
- 12 egg substitutes
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- cooking spray
- Cut a pocket in each slice of bread. Open carefully. With an electric beater, whip together the cheeses, sugar and extract. Divide the mixture evenly into 6 portions and insert a portion into each bread pocket.
- Beat together the egg substitutes, and milk. Dip the bread slices in the mixture, turn to coat both sides. Spray a nonstick pan lightly with nonstick cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Cook the French toast for about 3-4 minutes on each side until golden brown. Enjoy!
Calories 286; Calories from fat 38, total Fat 4g,Saturated Fat 2g, Cholesterol 8mg, sodium 645mg, Total Carbohydrate 38g, Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 7g, Protein 21g
Source: American Diabetes Association, From Flavorful Seasons Cookbook and Live Healthy
Thank you for reading this Healthy Recipe!