Each Sunday, I thank my readership for their loyalty and dedication to my blog, by providing a healthy recipe. To those that know, this is a healthy repeat, but for those that are unaware and are new to the blog, this is my way of “giving back.” It is also a way to “Pay it Forward.” Each Sunday, you have a healthy recipe to prepare for yourself or for your loved ones. Today is a feast of tastes from Make it in Minutes, featuring Winning Points Weight Watcher’s easy recipes.
There is an array of tasty low-fat bottled sauces now available in most supermarkets (often in the Asian section.) In this particular recipe, you can substitute a teriyaki sauce for the sweet and sour variety, however, I'd suggest that you omit the salt, if you do.
- 1 Cup quick cooking brown rice
- 3/4 pound pork tenderloin thinly sliced against the grain
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 3 scallions sliced on the diagonal, into 2” pieces
- 1 small apple peeled, cored and chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 1 8oz. can of pineapple chunks in juice, drained
- 1/2 cup Chinese-style sweet and sour sauce
- Cook the rice according to package directions
- Sprinkle the pork with the salt and pepper. Spray a large nonstick skillet with nonstick spray and set over medium –high heat. Arrange the pork in the skillet in a single layer cooking in batches, in necessary. Sauté until browned and cooked through. 1-2 minutes on each side. Transfer the pork to a plate.
- Add the oil to the skillet. Stir in the scallions, apple, bell pepper, garlic, and crushed red pepper. Sauté until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in the pineapple, sauce, and reserved pork; bring to a boil. Serve with rice.
S u g g e s t i o n:
Serve with steamed greens, such as spinach and drained, mandarin orange slices.
Nutrition Information per Serving:
Calories 407; Total fat 6g; Sat fat 1g; Cholesterol 67mg; Sodium 784mg;Total Carbohydrate 58g; Protein 31g; POINTS: 8
Source: Make it in Minutes Copyright 2001 Weight Watchers