Each Sunday, I thank my readership for their loyalty and dedication to my blog, by providing a healthy recipe. To those that know, this is a healthy repeat, but for those that are unaware and are new to the blog, this is my way of “giving back.” It is also a way to “Pay it Forward.” Each Sunday, you have a healthy recipe to prepare for yourself or for your loved ones. Today is a feast of tastes from 1,000 Low Fat, Salt, Sugar, & Cholesterol Healthy Recipes.
- 8 corn tortillas or flour
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 8-12 oz. cooked chicken, diced or shredded
- 8oz. refried beans, warmed with 2 Tbsp. water
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp ground oregano
- 1 avocado peeled, pitted, sliced and tossed with lime juice
- Salsa Verde
- 1 Canned chipotle chile in adobo marinade, chopped, or bottled chipotle salsa
- 3/4 cup of low-fat sour cream
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- handful of lettuce leaves
- 5 radishes,diced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the tortillas in an ungreased nonstick skillet in a stack, alternating the top and bottom tortillas so that they all heat evenly. Wrap in kitchen foil or a clean dish cloth to keep warm.
- Heat the oil in a skillet, add the chicken, and heat through. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Combine the refried beans with the cumin and oregano.
- Spread a tortilla with warm refried beans,, then top with a spoonful of the chicken, 1-2 slices of avocado, a dab of salsa, chipotle to taste, spoon of sour cream, and a sprinkling of onion, lettuce, and radishes. Season with salt and pepper to taste, then roll up as tightly as you can. Repeat with the remaining tortillas and serve immediately.
Source: 1,000 Low Fat, Salt, Sugar, Cholesterol Healthy Recipes
Calories 674; Protien34g; Carbohydrate 80g; Sugars 6g; Fat 25g; Saturates 9g