Each Sunday, I thank my readership for their loyalty and dedication to my blog, by providing a healthy recipe. To those that know, this is a healthy repeat, but for those that are unaware and are new to the blog, this is my way of “giving back.” It is also a way to “Pay it Forward.” Each Sunday, you have a healthy recipe to prepare for yourself or for your loved ones. Today is Roasted Lemon Almond Cornish Hens!
- 3 Lemons
- 3 Cornish hens, thawed
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 cloves garlic, minced and divided
- 4 teaspoons fresh minced thyme, minced and divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted and divided
- Slice 1 lemon; place 2-3 lemon slices in each hen cavity. Place 1 teaspoon minced thyme and 1 clove garlic (minced) in each cavity. Place hens in stoneware.
- Juice 1 lemon; mix lemon juice with butter, remaining minced garlic, thyme, salt and pepper; drizzle over hens. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup sliced almonds.
- Cover and cook on LOWA 8 to 10 hours (HIGH 4 to 6 hours). Arrange cooked hens on serving platter. Serve with remaining lemon. Garnish hens with remaining lemon slices and remaining almonds.