Each Sunday, I thank my readership for their loyalty and dedication to my blog, by providing a healthy recipe. To those that know, this is a healthy repeat, but for those that are unaware and are new to the blog, this is my way of “giving back.” It is also a way to “Pay it Forward.” Each Sunday, you have a healthy recipe to prepare for yourself or for your loved ones. Today is Beet Dip with Sour Cream and Horseradish, which will go well with a low-sodium ham for Easter Sunday!
An excellent dip for potato chips, this also makes an excellent dip for carrot, celery and beet sticks, as well as, a nice side dish for steak too.
- 1 medium beet (7 to 8 ounces)
- 1/2 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1 Tbsp. prepared horseradish
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 1 Tbsp. of chopped dill or chives
- Peel beet, then grate on the large holes of a box grater set in a medium bowl.
- Stir in sour cream, horseradish, salt, and pepper. Top with fresh herbs, and let stand 15 minutes before serving. Makes about 1 cup.
Source: Adapted From: Love That! O Magazine January 2010.