- 1 Tbsp olive oil, plus additional
- 1 15 oz. can chickpeas, drained
- 3-7 artichokes hearts, drained and sliced lengthwise
- 1/4 to 1/3 Cup sliced almonds toasted, (if desired)
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. fresh chopped parsley
- Heat oil in seasoned wok or cast-iron skillet. Add chickpeas and cook over medium-high heat for 10 minutes, stirring only occasionally to prevent burning., until chickpeas are golden brown. When done, transfer chickpeas to large mixing bowl and set aside.
- Add more oil to pan and sauté sliced artichoke hearts until browned. Add artichokes to bowl of chickpeas.
- Toast almonds in dry skillet (if desired) and then grind them in food processor. Add almonds to artichokes and chickpeas. Season salad with lemon juice and salt and stir in chopped parsley. Serve warm or at room temperature, adjusting seasoning, if needed.
Source: Vegan Yum Yum by Lauren Ulm, Health Communications, Inc., 2009)