Happy Blogoversay today; the blog is 1-year old. It has been a pleasure to write and to meet so many wonderful people over the past year, and I am looking forward to continually bringing nutrition information and topics of interest your way. Each of you that have read, contributed your thoughts and ideas, or shared your feelings along the way, thank you, which has made blogging so enjoyable.
Thank you for reading and making “From A Dietitian’s Perspective” part of your blog world. Please enjoy a piece of “fat-free chocolate cake” below.
- FAT-FREE CHOCOLATE CAKE RECIPE
- 3 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder,sifted
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 2 egg-whites
- 1 T vanilla extract
- 1 T white vinegar
- 2 T confectioners’ sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 13x9 baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bow., combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt.
- In a large bowl, with an electric mixer at medium speed, beat the granulated sugar, yogurt, egg whites, vanilla and vinegar until fluffy, about 2 minutes. With the mixer at low speed, gradually add the flour mixture; stir until just combined (do not over mix.) Add 2 cups water and stir until just smooth.
- Pour the batter into the pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 40 minutes. Cool completely in the pan on a rack. Dust with the confectioners’ sugar.
120 calories; 0g total fat; 0g saturated fat; 0mg cholesterol; 133mg sodium; 28g carbohydrate; 1g dietary fiber; 3g protein Weight Watchers Points: 2