Yield: 5 Cups
- 1-1/2 cups small unsalted or lightly salted pretzels
- 1 Cup bite-size shredded whole wheat biscuits
- 1-1/2 cups popped popcorn, no added salt or fat
- 1 cup oyster crackers
- 2 Tablespoons reduced calorie margarine
- 1 Tablespoon low-sodium Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 Tablespoons grated Parmesan Cheese
1. Combine pretzels, shredded whole wheat biscuits, popcorn and oyster crackers in a large bowl. Toss well and set aside.
2. Combine margarine and low-sodium Worcestershire sauce, Italian seasoning, pepper and salt in a small saucepan; cook over medium heat, stirring frequently until margarine melts. Pour margarine mixture over cereal mixture. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese; toss well.
3. Spread the mixture in a 13x9” baking pan. Bake at 275 degrees for 45 minutes, or until crisp, stirring occasionally. Cool, store in an airtight container.
Source: Dr. Jennifer Bueche