Kids and grown-ups alike will love-- and crave--these chewy raisin granola snacks. They’re so easy to make, you’ll have plenty of time to enjoy some form of exercise, too.
Raisin Energy Bars
4 egg whites
1/4 cup of sugar
4 teaspoons of vegetable oil
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
3/4 tsp. vanilla extract
1-2/3 cups lain “no added fat” or low fat granola
1 cup of sun-maid raisins
3 TBSP of toasted wheat-germ
3 TBSP raw sunflower seeds
4 tsp sesame seeds
1/2 cup walnuts
1. Beat egg whites and sugar in large bowl with whish until smooth.
2. Beat in oil, cinnamon and vanilla extract.
3. Stir in remaining ingredients.
4. Blend well.
5. Coat generously a 13x9” baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
6. Turn raisin mixture into pan.
7. Pat to even layer.
8. Bake at 300 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool 5 minutes in pan. Loosen edges with spatula and invert onto wire rack to cool completely.
9. Cut into 4 dozen bite-sized pieces.
10. Store in an airtight container or pack in small plastic bags for on-the-go snacking. Makes 48 pieces.
- NUTRITIONAL ANALYSIS:
Calories: 40; Protein 1g; Fat 1g (Sat Fat 0g); Carbohydrate 7g; Dietary Fiber <1g;Cholesterol 0mg;Sodium 15mg
Weight Watcher Points: 1
Source: Recipe adapted from Recipes for Healthier Eating