Many times sugar cravings can derail even the most carefully devised eating plans; however, if we substitute these healthy munchies for sweet heavy-hitters, we can snack ourselves on the way to being healthier and provide our bodies with healthy nutrition.
- Chew sugar-free gum, which can burn more calories
- Eat an apple or a handful of baby carrots between meals. Naturally, sweet, they can tide us over to the next meal.
- Add protein, like cottage cheese or peanut butter, to your snack to feel even more full for a longer period of time.
- Reach for peanuts. Unlike most salty foods, peanuts will not make you crave sugar. They’re protein-rich and very satisfying and compensate for the extra calories naturally.
- Air-popped popcorn of your own, which can be sprayed with Pam spray and then add spices of your liking i.e., chili powder etc. this is a fiber-rich, low-calorie alternative to sweets.